The Imperial Theatre is a 600 seat live Performance venue with an unobstructed view from all seats. There are 472 Orchestra level seats and 128 Balcony seats. In addition there is street level wheelchair access from the Theatre foyer to an accessibility suite designed for patrons with mobility issues. With an engineered contour to the walls, the auditorium is acoustically excellent. The theatre is fully licensed with bars on both the main floor and balcony levels.
• Total area of the stage is 74' wide and 42' 9" deep.
• The stage is 36' wide at the proscenium with an additional 7' 6" of apron in front of that.
• The measurement from the back wall to the most extended point of the apron is 42' 9" and 41' 8" at the shortest point of the apron. There is 19' of wing space stage right and left.
• The height of the proscenium is 18'.
• A movable Yamaha Grand Piano is located on stage courtesy of the Sarnia Concert Association.
• The Stage Door is located in our loading bay at the rear of the Theatre.- vehicle access is via a oneway lane off Christina Street which leads to the rear of the Theatre.
• There is also access to back stage from the front lobby down a passageway leading to the stage right wing. A door and stairway accessible from the audience also leads to the stage right wing.
• There are two portable steps located stage right and left to allow access to the stage from the audience.
• There are three sets of stationary legs.
• A traveler on a pulley system is located at mid stage.
• A traveler/ star cloth is located upstage that can be pulled across the stage manually.
The theatre has four easily accessible catwalks, one in front of house and three others on decks above the stage. We have 88 dimmer channels including drops and 6 floor lines. The system is run by an ETC Ion 1000 Lighting Board.
The lighting inventory includes the following instruments
All connectors for lights are 20A twistlock and all lighting positions are accessible from the catwalks. Each catwalk has four AC quad boxes. Each quad box has a switch SL to turn on power.
The house sound system is an EV full range system (Subs are NOT on a aux) there is a 40 Channel Split snake that runs from FOH to Stage Left. There is enough length to run the snake to upstage centre with a 50 foot monitor whip. (There are no Return Lines from Stage to FOH)
The Theatre has 8 EV 12” Passive wedges, we are pre wired for 4 separate monitor mixes, but with additional amp rack we can do 8,
In the Booth
Behringer X32 Digital Audio Console
For any additional lighting or audio information please contact the Production Manager, Catherine Soulliere at email@example.com
The Theatre is equipped with a Panasonic PT-DW5100U digital projector that offers 5500 lumens of brightness and WXGA wide screen capability. The motorized screen is 24' wide and 14' high and is permanently mounted on one of the backstage catwalks. When not in use the screen retracts into a protective housing.
The Theatre has a SKYJACK SJ III 3219 hydraulic scissor lift that is available for use to authorised personnel. It has a platform height of up to 19' and a working height of up to 25'.
Located beneath the Stage
168 Christina Street North,
PO Box 43, Sarnia, Ontario
N7T 7H8, Canada
There are approximately 100 spaces on Christina Street and the adjacent streets, all within 5 minute walk of the Imperial Theatre. There is a 2 hr free on street parking limit Monday to Friday until 6 pm. Parking on street is free all day on Saturday and Sunday and after 6 pm every evening. Parking rates vary during the day Monday to Friday until 6 pm. After 6 pm parking is free, as well as all day on Saturday and Sunday.