Vision, Mission and Values
Theatre Sarnia, established in 1927, is one of the oldest continuously operating Community Theatre groups in Canada and is the owner and operator of the Imperial Theatre. It is a completely self funded, not for profit registered charity that is supported by ticket sales, theatre rentals, sponsorships, donations and fund raising activity.
The success of the Imperial Theatre depends upon patrons like you who share its belief that this venue is critical to the cultural and social vitality of Sarnia and surrounding communities.
Excellence in Artistic Leadership and Development.
- To develop and support art and culture in Sarnia and Lambton County.
- To foster the appreciation and presentation of the performing arts.
- To manage and maintain the premier entertainment/community venue in Lambton County.
- To encourage the development of artistic expression by other community partners.
- To present the widest range of performing arts through partnerships with professional promoters, agents and artists, for the benefit of our community.
We believe that :
- the performing arts have the ability to touch,affect and change individuals.
- we have an obligation to encourage the highest quality productions in our theatre.
- the people engaged in our organization are our most valuable asset.
- the safety and security of all staff, volunteers and patrons is critically important.