The Imperial Theatre is a 600 seat live Performance venue with an unobstructed view from all seats. There are 472 Orchestra level seats and 128 Balcony seats. In addition there is street level wheelchair access from the Theatre foyer to an accessibility suite designed for patrons with mobility issues. With an engineered contour to the walls, the auditorium is acoustically excellent. The theatre is fully licensed with bars on both the main floor and balcony levels.
- Total area of the stage is 74' wide and 42' 9" deep.
- The stage is 36' wide at the proscenium with an additional 7' 6" of apron in front of that.
- The measurement from the back wall to the most extended point of the apron is 42' 9" and 41' 8" at the shortest point of the aprons. There is 19' of wing space stage right and left.
- The height of the proscenium is 18'.
- A movable Yamaha Grand Piano is located on stage courtesy of the Sarnia Concert Association.
- The Stage Door is located in our loading bay at the rear of the Theatre.- vehicle access is via a oneway lane off Christina Street which leads to the rear of the Theatre.
- There is also access to back stage from the front lobby down a passageway leading to the stage right wing. A door and stairway accessible from the audience also leads to the stage right wing.
- There are two portable steps located stage right and left to allow access to the stage from the audience.
- There are three sets of stationary legs.
- A traveler on a pulley system is located at mid stage.
- A traveler is located upstage that can be pulled across the stage manually.
LIGHTING AND AUDIO EQUIPMENT
Inventory details are currently being updated. For any lighting or audio information please contact the Production Manager, Dan Tidball at email@example.com
MOVIE PROJECTION EQUIPMENT
The Theatre is equipped with a Panasonic PT-DW5100U digital projector that offers 5500 lumens of brightness and WXGA wide screen capability. The motorized screen is 24' wide and 14' high and is permanently mounted on one of the backstage catwalks. When not in use the screen retracts into a protective housing.
The Theatre has a SKYJACK SJ III 3219 hydraulic scissor lift that is available for use to authorised personnel. It has a platform height of up to 19' and a working height of up to 25'.
BACK STAGE FACILITIES
Located beneath the Stage
- Three Dressing Rooms each with mirrors and incandescent lights providing ample light for make-up.
- The large Dressing Room contains a toilet and a washbasin.
- The other two Dressing Rooms each contain a washbasin.
- There are two additional washrooms outside the Dressing Rooms.
- A Green Room for the talent to wait in - adjacent to the Dressing Rooms.
- Stairway access from the Dressing Rooms area to both stage left and right.
- An Orchestra Pit is accessible through the Green Room.