The Imperial Theatre has an obligation to provide patrons with disabilities suitable access to the theatre to enable them to enjoy our performances in comfort with minimum inconvenience. To this end we provide :
- Wheelchair level power buttons to open the entrance doors to the Box Office, which also allows access to the Theatre foyer.
- Box Office staff who recognise the needs surrounding mobility issues
- Front of House staff who will willingly assist patrons with mobility issues
- An Accessibility Suite designed to provide street level access for wheelchair patrons and their attendants. This suite has its own entrance from the Theatre foyer and can be configured with space for up to 8 wheelchairs. These seats are not available for purchase on-line. Please contact the Box Office at 519 344-7469 to secure wheelchair seating.
- Any space not used for wheelchairs can be configured with up to 8 removable high quality seats which may be of advantage to patrons who require metal frame walkers for mobility. In any performance that is approaching a Sold Out level, the Theatre reserves the right to sell these seats in Rows R and S as regular tickets - usually 7 days prior to the show.
- Balcony seating is not accessible to those with restricted mobility.
- A big thank you goes to the Ontario Trillium Foundation for their generous contribution towards accessibility improvements at the Imperial Theatre