The Imperial Theatre is a 598 seat live Performance venue with an unobstructed view from all seats. There are 470 Orchestra level seats and 128 Balcony seats and we are able to accomodate 8 wheelchair patrons at any performance. With an engineered contour to the walls, the auditorium is acoustically excellent. The theatre is fully licensed with bars on both the main floor and balcony levels.
- Total area of the stage is 74' wide and 42' 9" deep
- The stage is 36' wide at the proscenium with an additional 7' 6" of apron in front of that.
- The measurement from the back wall to the most extended point of the apron is 42' 9" and 41' 8" at the shortest point of the aprons. There is 19' of wing space stage right and left.
- The height of the proscenium is 18'
- A movable Yamaha Grand Piano is located on stage courtesy of the Sarnia Concert Association
- The Stage Door is located in our loading bay at the rear of the Theatre.- vehicle access is via a oneway lane off Christina Street which leads to the rear of the Theatre. There is also access to back stage from the front lobby down a passageway leading to the stage right wing. A door and stairway accessible from the audience also leads to the stage right wing.
- There are two portable steps located stage right and left to allow access to the stage from the audience.
- There are three sets of stationary legs
- A traveler on a pulley system is located at mid stage
- A traveler is located upstage that can be pulled across the stage manually.
The theatre has four easily accessible catwalks, one in front of house and three others on decks above the stage. We have 88 dimmer channels including drops and 6 floor lines. The system is run by an ETC Ion 1000 Lighting Board.
The lighting inventory includes the following instruments :
4 ETC Parnels
6 Mac 250 profile Moving lights
6 Mac 250 Krypton Moving lights
27 Microh iP65 LED Bars
12 Chauvet Colorado Tri-tour LED Pars
2 ETC Source Four Zoom 25° - 50°
4 ETC Source Four Zoom 15° - 30°
8 ETC Source Four Jr. Zoom 25° - 50°
12 ETC Source Four : 26°
12 ETC Source Four : 19°
4 ETC Source Four Pars
2 ETC Source Four : 50° barrels
10 ALTMAN 6 x 9 's
20 750 Fresnels
8 1k Fresnels
All connectors for lights are 20A twistlock and all lighting positions are accessible from the catwalks.
The house sound is an EV System. Additional sources for spot sound are available via multiple specon monitor hookups located throughout the stage and house. The microphone inventory includes :
- 2 SHURE Beta 58A
- 2 SHURE Dynamic SM57
- 1 SHURE SM58
- 1 SENNHEISER E 8255
- 4 SENNHEISER ew500
- 4 SENNHEISER ew300
- 4 3700 AKG-D
- 1 SHURE drum microphone kit
- 4 SHURE MX202BK overhead microphones
- 2 AKG C-3000 condenser microphones
- 2 AUDIO TECHNICA ATM 41
- 1 SHURE SM58 wireless microphone
In the Booth :
- Soundcraft GB8 40 console
- 3 MACKIE M 1400 Fr series amps
- Dual YAMAHA Dolby B-C NRHX - pro cassette deck
- Dual DENON DN1800 CD Player
- T.C. Electronic M300 Dual Engine Processor
Miscellaneous Equipment :
MOVIE PROJECTION EQUIPMENT
The Theatre is equipped with a Panasonic PT-DW5100U digital projector that offers 5500 lumens of brightness and WXGA wide screen capability. The motorized screen is 24' wide and 14' high and is permanently mounted on one of the backstage catwalks. When not in use the screen retracts into a protective housing.
The Theatre has a SKYJACK SJ III 3219 hydraulic scissor lift that is available for use to authorised personnel. It has a platform height of up to 19' and a working height of up to 25'
BACK STAGE FACILITIES - located beneath the Stage
- Three Dressing Rooms each with mirrors and incandescent lights providing ample light for make-up
- The large Dressing Room contains a toilet and a washbasin
- The other two Dressing Rooms each contain a washbasin
- There are two additional washrooms outside the Dressing Rooms
- A Green Room for the talent to wait in - adjacent to the Dressing Rooms
- Stairway access from the Dressing Rooms area to both stage left and right
- An Orchestra Pit is accessible through the Green Room